Saturday 15 December 2012

A Sixties Skirt Safari





Cardigan - Topshop
Skirt - J.W. Anderson for Topshop
Boots - Bianco

Usually I mix and match my clothes quite a lot, rarely repeating an exact combination, but this outfit is the exception to that rule.  There's just something about it that I think really works.  It screams sixties to me - the round neck, monochrome mini, ankle boots.  I like the contrasting shades and the way the zebra print with the bright pink knit should be tacky yet somehow isn't.  It's a pretty garish look, I'll give you that, but it just makes me happy to wear, and that's exactly what clothes should do.

You may have noticed that this week's posts have included a heavy dose of curls.  I'm not sure quite how I feel about this curly bob I'm sporting but I am absolutely desperate for my hair to grow to Rapunzel style lengths.  I think that I've finally accepted that this is never going to happen whilst I'm using heating so I'm saving it for special occasions from now on.  Hopefully I'll learn to love the curls soon.

Just a short post today because, as usual, I have too many things to do before I fly home for tomorrow.  I've spent most of the week watching Christmas films whilst writing an essay about Sylvia Plath, so that's been an interesting combination of mental states.  The next time you hear from me, I'll be on solid English soil, hooray!

Until then,
Elise.





5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the skirt so much,
    Zebra Chic ;)
    love Nat x
    http://floral-fatigue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is too cute! I think the Zebra stuff was my favourite from the J W Anderson at Topshop range. The hair looks pretty! My hair's always grown pretty fast, but over the past few years I've barely touched it with heat (LAZY) and it has really helped, so definitely stick with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elise, you're right,there is a sixties vibe to this outfit, yet it still looks contemporary.....clever! I'm happy for you, that you are flying home to your family for Christmas, have a wonderful time :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear elise!
    lovin this combo!! too cute! xxxx rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pop of color and the skirt!

    xx Christine
    http://petitehues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete