Friday 7 December 2012

Subzero Shorts





Shorts - River Island
Shirt - H&M
Cardigan - Warehouse
Brogues - Sweden, Unknown
Necklace (shorter) - Miss Selfridge
Necklace (longer) - Gift

Is it too arrogant to tell you that I'm really enjoying my outfit today?  Because, well, I am.  I feel I've been a bit uninspired on the outfit front of late which is pretty unfortunate given that I'm in the early days of blogging.  I'm not promising to throw on something Vogue-worthy every day (or ever, in fact) but I can assure you that the unaccessorised jeans and jumper days are over.  Hallelujah.

I feel like I'm channeling a bit of a 70s school teacher look today.  You know, the one who's just settled down after their heady Woodstock youth.  I think it's the beads, the exposed cuffs, the printed corduroy.  Whatever it is though, I'm certainly not complaining.  I've also just realised that as I type this, I'm listening to Bread very loudly which fits the whole vibe very well indeed.

I bought these shorts in River Island last September so they're in their second winter now and I still love them.  You can't quite see here, but they're quite flared which I really like.  It counteracts the pretty short length somewhat making them more daytime appropriate.  (It also means that there's plenty of room underneath for the two pairs of tights I'm wearing but shh, let's keep that between you and me.)  I added my current go-to blouse and a warm cardigan because I thought I should at least pretend to acknowledge today's -14ยบ thermometer reading.  I quite liked today's colour combination too because, to me, it feels suitably seasonal without being overly dark.

It's Friday which marks the beginning of the penultimate weekend of the semester.  This is quite sad because I'm the only one out of my friends in Sweden who's staying the entire academic year so I have a few goodbyes to come in the next week or so.  We're beginning the farewell celebrations this evening with a Christmas gathering for one of my classes which should be nice.  I plan to cook up some mince pies to inject a little British festivity into the occasion.

Have a lovely weekend,
Elise.



15 comments:

  1. I love your printed shorts and how you've teamed them with the white shirt - you look gorgeous :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw you look really cute and loving your vintage style today! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You've got your 'mojo' back! Great outfit xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cardigan is amazing. Love the whole outfit!
    Check out my blog and maybe follow each other? Just leave a comment.
    I'm soon doing a GIVEAWAY, hopefully for Christmas. :)

    http://amaechi-nwafor.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chuckled at the 'Vogue worthy' outfit part haha, I agree!
    I love your printed short's with the cardigan

    Sjmwell x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit, especially like the shorts! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have super cute style! great post, I nominated you for the liebster blog award!
    check it out! s-ublime.blogspot.com
    xx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pictures, great outfit!

    Take a look:
    www.theredviolet.blogspot.com

    Wanna follow each other?

    Kiss, Selina & Olivia, The RedViolet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want a plain white shirt - will be checking H&M out now :) Wow -14 is crazzzy!

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cardigan :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another good one..but you know me, I LOVE shorts & tights together! Have you looked into the fleece lined tights? *so you don't have to wear two pairs*...I've done that also, hence why I invested in the fleece lined ones. They'll be here no later than saturday..and I WILL be doing a blog post on them!

    Do you have a close up of the shorts, I'd like to see the pattern on them..

    *and I like your choice of music..Bread is good!

    www.countlesscolourfulthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit!! Thanks for commenting + following my blog. Followed back :)

    Summer x

    http://ohsummercandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. SubZero, Viking, GE Ice Maker Repair in VENTURA

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! Sub-Zero, Viking, GE Monogram ICE MAKER REPAIR in Repair

    ReplyDelete