Sunday 10 February 2013

Style Spring Clean




Cardigan -  Topshop
Shirt - River Island
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Brogues - Unknown Swedish

Despite the fact that we're still in the first half of February and that I woke up to snow falling on Gothenburg this morning, my apparently very out of sync brain has decided to declare summer, or spring at least.  Long gone are my winter dreams of burgundy and fur, replaced by lusting over warmer days and frantically checking the 'new in' pages of Topshop for trickles of the summer collection.  Unfortunately, as I said, the snow is still falling here in Sweden, and when I checked the weather online this morning, I saw that a miserable -5º was waiting outside for me.  But still, I couldn't shed my whimsical thoughts of seasons to come.

I ended up having to compromise with myself, pulling on what seems to be my favourite winter uniform of shirt-knit-jeans but allowing myself to bring out some more summery shades.  I'm usually pretty strict on myself with regards to dressing for the season because, after years of trial-and-error experimenting, I've found I'm just not very good at making my wardrobe work all year round in the way that some people can pull off so well.  These items both slipped through my organisational net though, so today I paired them together to create a more Spring-ready look.  The only downside was that this outfit really just didn't work with my burnt red winter coat, meaning that my only option was to brave this chilly February Sunday in a very thin mac.  The things we do for fashion, eh?

I've been a bit rubbish at both blogging and, well, life lately.  If anybody has noticed my absence from the internet, I apologise, and I really, truly, 100% promise that things are looking up on the productivity front from now on.  I've recently started writing for The Editeur's blog which has inspired me to work a bit harder on my own from now on, because the world is our oyster, and all.  If you are at all interested, you can read my pieces for them here.

Lastly, over the past few weeks, I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Felicity, Rosy and Bekki.  I have actually already done the award post, just before Christmas, and I don't want to bore you with yet more ridiculous facts about myself and my life, but I really do appreciate you nominating me so a  huge, ginormous thank you to all three of you.

Until next time (which will be a short time!),
Elise.

9 comments:

  1. i love how simple but how gorgeous this outfit looks :) well done on so many libester awards!
    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your simple outfit & the bold lips! :)

    PH
    www.petitehues.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving a pop of colour in your outfit! I've been starting to do the same- winter might not be over yet but a splash of colour can't hurt :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair! This outfit is so cute, I think it's great to pull a bit of spring into the dullness of Winter. I can't wait for it to be over, feels like it's been really long this year.

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirt is gorgeous, cant wait for spring!xx

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at lots of lilac and coral knitwear - I think it gets to the point where you're so sick of winter that you just need a bit of colour! -5, ouch! This cardigan's lovely x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm completely with you, my body has decided its Spring and therefore its acceptable to wear mint green jeans out! I was also going to let you know that I'd nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog, but from reading your last paragraph I see I'm not alone in this! haha Just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog regardless :)

    Aimée xx
    dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so cute. Like that you have a unique style :)

    fashionmuffins945.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete